Set up by Britain’s mass participation event organisers, the new 2.6 Challenge aims to bring the nation together to raise millions for UK charities whose funding has been affected by the Coronavirus pandemic.
The 2.6 Challenge, will launch on Sunday 26 April 2020 – what should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon, and will last for a week. The 2.6 Challenge is open to anyone of any age and ability (you definitely don’t need to be a marathon runner!) the only requirement is that the activity must follow the Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing and remember to stay local.
We’d love for you to join the Living Options Devon team and help us to raise funds to support people with a disability and Deaf people (British Sign Language Users)
What do I need to do?
It’s easy to get involved. All you need to do is think of an activity based around the numbers 26 or 2.6. This could be something as simple as pledging to do 26 bunny hops, spotting 26 things in your garden, doing 26 minutes of yoga or catching a ball 26 times. You can make it as serious, simple or silly as you like. Staff and volunteers at Living Options Devon will be learning 26 new British Sign Language signs which we will be sharing on Facebook and Twitter.
Once you’ve chosen your challenge, you can either make a donation (of £2.60, £26 or whatever you can afford), by clicking here. Or you can set up your own fundraising page and get your friends and family to sponsor your challenge! It's quick and simple to set up your page on Virgin Money Giving and your sponsorship will come straight to us. Remember, the more times you share your page, the more donations you’ll receive.
Thank you so much for supporting people with a disability and Deaf people (British Sign Language Users)
Twenty six 2.6 Challenge ideas
- Bake 26 cakes
- Jump on the spot 26 times
- Juggle for 2.6minutes
- Skip 26 times
- Spot 26 things in your garden or from your window
- Run or walk 2.6 miles
- Exercise at home for 26 minutes
- Do 26 press ups or sit ups
- Shoot 26 basketball or netball hoops
- Run for 26 minutes on the spot – indoors or outdoors
- Bike ride for 2.6 or 26 miles
- Get 26 friends together for an online workout
- Plank for 2.6 or 26 minutes
- Do 26 star jumps
- Walk the dog for 2.6 miles
- Do 26 minutes of yoga or pilates
- Dance (like no one’s watching!) for 26 minutes
- Complete 26 laps of your garden
- Write down 26 things you are grateful for
- Throw and catch a ball 26 times
- Hop for 26 minutes – switch legs every 2.6 minutes!
- Run or Walk up and downstairs 26 times
- Do 26 football keepie uppies or headers
- Do some weeding for 26 minutes
- Keep a tennis rally going for 26 hits
- Balance a ball on your head for 2.6 minutes
You can find out more about the 2.6 Challenge here.
Living Options Devon is a well respected user-led organisation which works to ensure that people with disabilities and Deaf people can live the life they choose. Set up in 1990 LOD is a registered charity (Charity N0. 1102489) and a company limited by guarantee (No. 4925281). Based in Exeter and Barnstaple, our charitable aims mean we we can offer services across the South West and share good practice throughout the UK. Being led and run by people with disabilities and Deaf people ensures LOD has first hand knowledge and understanding of the issues facing service users and so is very well placed to increase the influence and voice of Deaf and disabled people. We do this by providing education, training and services which enable people to live the lives they choose.
We are happy to provide all information about Living Options Devon and its projects in alternative formats by request. Please contact us using the details above.
There are a number of ways you can contact us:
By telephone: 01392 459222
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By SMS: 07856 426940
By post: Living Options Devon, Ground Floor Units 3-4, Cranmere Court, Lustleigh Close, Matford Business Park, Exeter EX2 8PW